Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Micro Project 5


For this project, i had the word "fold." At first i struggled to come up with an idea for this word. Eventually, i thought back to my childhood and remembered the origami my mom showed me (my family is part japanese). Seeing that origami is the "art of paper folding" i thought it would be the perfect thing to base my project on. I decided to make three things: a boat, a crane, and a rose. The crane was the first thing that i ever learned to make when i was young. The rose was a new one for me and took about twice as long to make as the other two combined. As for the final image, i wanted to just show the initial and final states of the paper and leave out all the intermediate steps and just describe them with the word "fold" and the arrow. I did not want to show the intermediate steps and make this look like an instructional image. Instead, i wanted the middle to simply show that it was the act of folding that took 3 plain pieces of paper and transformed them into these things.

Heres a song by Childish Gambino that samples some more Adele. His voice and style take some getting used to but in the end its a different sound and a solid beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment